Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Serenity Sunday

One of the main ways I stay calm and I am able to collect my thoughts is through meditation and yoga. So to encourage you all to meditate and possibly try some yoga I will be starting "Serenity Sundays" I know that today is not a Sunday, however this post will be on Sundays from here on out. 
Image Credit: hiskinho
Serenity is defined as a state of being calm, peaceful, and untroubled. 
This is my main focus of this blog, to help others to find this kind of peace. The photo posted above is to help with meditation. For me when I began meditating it was difficult to completely clear my mind. So I would focus on a peaceful picture, An example of what I would do with this picture is focus on the water falling over the rocks and tree branches. Breath in 15 seconds and breathe out. Close your eyes, imagine yourself near the waterfall. Clear your mind. 
Continuing to do this for even just 15 minutes can leave you feeling refreshed and relaxed. 
Now mind you, this is not the real way to meditate. This is just how I began. 
If you would like to begin real meditation I encourage you to view 12 Steps to Meditation this will help with the steps and actions you must take to reach the state of meditation. 
I encourage you all to comment below on what worked best for you, focusing on the picture or following the 12 steps of meditation?

1 comment:

  1. I could definitely benefit from reading this. I too am a workaholic. I took one of the yoga classes offered on campus and focusing on breathing helped my stress levels tremendously. Considering how many times we inhale and exhale throughout the day and we don't utilize them to their fullest potential is crazy! I appreciate the 12 Steps link you provided because it acknowledges the inevitable mind wandering - which is always so difficult for me to combat.

    ReplyDelete